Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What's Next?

Good question. Definitely not anything over 13.1 miles for some time. I think I need a break from marathon training. Plus, I have goals in other distances that I haven't met, and it's about to get really hot and humid here in NC! The group that I train with has talked about doing 5k/10k training over the summer, and then trying to extend that for a good half marathon in the fall. That sounds like a plan to me.

In the near future, I might try and jump in either the NCRC Half or 10k (May 18th), Running of the Bulls 8k (May 31st), or Midtown Half or 10k (June 7th). Either of the 10k's or half's would be more for fun and just to do a race because I like racing. The Running of the Bulls 8k, however, is my 8k PR from a few years back. I wouldn't mind revisiting that race depending upon where I'm at.

My focus is more for July (and later) races. Provided I can walk downstairs and/or run downhill again, the Downhill Mile is looking pretty good on July 4th. Plus, I miss July 4th races in Raleigh! A mile is perfect for feeling like I did something while still enjoying the day. After that, Raleigh's Finest 5k on July 29th seems like a reasonable target. Then, I'm looking at the Raleigh 8000 as an "end of summer" race.

I'd like to find a 10k in September/October, as well as one (or more) good 5k's. Then, I'm looking at a half (or two) sometime in October/November.

We'll see. In the short term, my goal is to walk down stairs like a normal person!

No comments:

Post a Comment