Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Recap

Well, I ran the Boston Marathon. It wasn't my best time, but I had a ton of fun, so it was good. And, I re qualified. And, I did a good job pacing until I didn't do a good job pacing... different day, different course, probably would have run a pretty decent marathon.

Outside of that, I also ran the Cary Road Race 10k. I know, two races in the same month after not having raced since November?! I miss racing. Which brings me to my conclusion- no more marathon training for a bit. It's too hard to race and get workouts in when marathon training, and I'm sick of the gun going off and making a concerted effort to go slow! I want to run. I have a good base, so time to work on some speed and strength.

Other highlights this month... I managed to use all of my training log "colors": blue for running, green for cycling (or related activities), red for swimming, and purple for miscellaneous forms of exercise that are not included in a triathlon. I realized that I have totally slacked on cross training, not that I was ever really good at it unless I was hurt or recovering from a race. Last November was probably the most consistent that I've been since 2009. I know I need to be better, because I was stronger and less injured in 2009, but it's hard for me to do this and run 55+ miles without burning out after a few weeks. However, backing mileage down to the mid-upper 40's makes this doable.

Also this month, I ran my fastest 800m repeat of the year and took my first spin class (which has been on my ToDo list since 2009)! Happy Un-Marathon Training!

Total: 159.5 [training log] 

No comments:

Post a Comment