Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/14 - 4/20

Mon: 6-miles
Tues: 6-miles (treadmill progression run)
Wed: 6-miles
Thurs: 6-miles
Fri: 3.5-miles
Sat: off
Sun: 3-miles
Total: 30.5 miles

There's not much to write about when you're tapering. The only interesting run was Tuesday. And, the fact that a treadmill run was interesting says something. I don't know why I expected this Tuesday to be any different than the majority of other Tuesdays this year, but I was hoping it wouldn't be rainy, windy, cold, and miserable. But, it was. I didn't want to risk getting sick or pulling anything, and I'm tired of running track in awful weather, so I said screw it and went to the gym. All of the treadmills on the edges were taken. These are my favorite. I don't like to chit-chat on the treadmill (mostly for fear that if I lose concentration, I'll trip), and I don't like being "boxed in". But, alas, I had to run in the middle of the room. And, guess what, there is a huge ass fan in the center of the room. Seriously. I have never seen a fan that big. I don't know how I missed it before. But, the 6 miles I ran weren't as bad as usual. I started at 7.5mph (8 min/mile) and increased the pace every 1/2-mile until I hit 8.2mph (7:20 min/mile). Then, I decreased every 1/2-mile until 6 miles was up. This put the majority of my running somewhere between realistic and "skip across the finish line because I just ran the race of my life" pace. I was pleasantly surprised to find that 7:30 pace felt the most comfortable. Maybe this is a good omen!

Anyways, I feel ok. Nervous. 26.2 is (are?) a lot of miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment