Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Recap

March was a pretty good training month all and all. The weather cooperated enough to get some workouts in. I got in two more long runs (a 19+ and 20-miler), some long "tempo" runs (the half marathon and 10-miles on the track), and did all ten of the yasso 800's. I even surprised myself by running a 21min 5k on the track.

Mileage wise, I'm doing ok, although one more long run would make me feel better. And, I would have preferred to do more tempo runs on Thursdays, as well as some shorter long runs with tempo miles on the weekends. Basically, I need another month. I have a base, initially quality is a check, and I've just really begun the transition quality phase of training (Jack Daniels Phases). However, I am 20 days out from my race, which puts me into the final quality phase.

Oh well. I need to remember my goal was to have fun at the Boston Marathon, not to race it. [training log]

Total: 260.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment