Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally Almost Here

Feel the rhythm!
Feel the rhyme!
Get on up,
It's wicked fast running time!

Go Runnahs!

Yes! The marathon is finally almost here. Later in the race... when I inevitably decide that I hate running and am never going to take another step after I cross the finish line... while planning the next race I'm going to run... I start to think back to the workouts I have done that have totally sucked. This seems to make what I am currently doing seem less sucky. Isn't running great?! Seriously. I know that makes no sense, but here is my top 5 list:

1. The day Allison, Sean, and I ran 800's in in the pouring rain
2. The day Dydula and I ran 17-miles in Umstead on a sheet of ice
3. Any of the times I tried to do a workout on a treadmill
4. The day Katie and I ran 13-miles in Umstead when it was 60+ degrees and 99% humidity in January (aka tornado day)... after being in the teens earlier that week
5. The stretch of days I was stuck running mostly by myself

But, I am healthy and very grateful to be running because not running is a million times suckier than any of those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment