Friday, July 18, 2014

Dog vs. Squirrel vs. Me

I heard a dog barking, so I stopped running. Even though I am working on not being terrified of dogs, I wouldn't put my progress past hyper-actively cautious (which, to the outside world, might look like fear).

Then I hear this weird chattering sound and I see this squirrel coming charging at me from across the street (aka where the dog is barking).

I screamed.

Now, I know what you're thinking, it's a squirrel. But, I know at least two people who have been scratched/attacked by squirrels when they were running. Also, I find the squirrel chirping to be disconcerting mostly because I don't think squirrels should make that sound. I don't know what sound they should make, but not that one.

Anyways, the squirrel hears me scream, and starts running back towards the dog, which is barking more because I screamed, which causes the squirrel to run back towards me, and back towards the dog, and back to me...

Ultimately, it decided I was the less scary option and ran into a bush behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment