Wednesday, July 9, 2014

6/30 - 7/6

Mon: 7.5-miles
Tues: 3 sets of 200-200-400 (200: 37-40, 400's: 79-83)
Wed: 4-miles, spin class
Thurs: 5-miles + strides
Fri: Downhill Mile
Sat: 10-miles
Sun: 8-miles, core
Total: 46.5 miles

We got to Ridge Rd. a little early on Monday, so we ran a longer than normal "warmup" with Ali. It was a good run.

So, Tuesday's track workout. I was a little on edge when Sean said to only do 3 sets of 200-200-400. I had been thinking 5 sets of the same workout. I usually like to hit at least 2.5-miles in terms of intervals. However, I was happy that I didn't have to do the stated workout of 4 sets of 200-200-800. It was a bit warm out, and the 800's looked miserable. Anyways, the 200's were consistently faster than they have been for the past year. But... the 400's were the biggest surprise. First one was in 83. I'm always excited when I hit sub-85. Next one, 79. Holy !@#$. I haven't run sub-80 since the "Meredith Track Meet" where we ran against Team Bahama. Not even joking about that. Anyways, it didn't feel that hard. I felt strong the last straightaway. But, I kind of figured it was a fluke. Until I ran the third in 79. Huh.  

Wednesday's run was also good. I didn't wear my Garmin. I don't think I'm going to on my "home" 4-mile route any more. I did listen to music though! Spin class went well that night. Spin instructor Matt played a "request" from Lisa... Sissy that Walk... it was pretty good.

Thursday's run was a shakeout run... not much to say there.

Friday's Downhill Mile was a huge surprise. As in 20+ second PR. I'll save that for the race report though!

Saturday morning's run was stiff. That's about the best explanation for it. But, it was freaking gorgeous outside.

Sunday's run was a little more on target. I didn't go sprinting out with the rest of the group, nor did I go for extra miles with Allison and Andrew, but it was a good run. Again, it was gorgeous outside.

So, a PR and "upper" 40's for mileage. Not a bad week. My legs are starting to remember what it's like to run fast. This whole "un-marathon" training isn't going half bad. My hamstring definitely feels a lot better, and I think I'm getting stronger. I definitely like running a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment