Monday, July 21, 2014

7/14 - 7/21

Mon: 6.5-miles, core
Tues: Treadmill (1E + 2 @ 8.2-3 + 0.5E + 1 @ 8.4-5 + 0.5E + 0.5 @ 8.6-7 + 0.5E)
Wed: 6-miles
Thurs: 3x1200m (4:43,41,43), 3x800m (3:02,03,01)
Fri: 5-miles
Sat: 11-miles, Pub Run
Sun: 6-miles, core
Total: 46.5-miles

The easy runs went fine this week. Some of them might have been a little bit too easy. I prefer averaging no slower than 8:30. Oh well, guess I'll chalk it up to a recovery week.

Tuesday's treadmill workout went surprisingly well. It was a monsoon in Durham at 5PM, and we didn't even leave the office until 6PM. So, track was out of the question. The only treadmills available when we got to the gym were older, so I'm not sure if the pace I ran was my actual pace. I kept setting it to a pace, and after 10sec, it would switch to a pace that was ~0.4mph faster. So, I'm not sure which was the actual pace. Anyways, I'd like to believe it was the one it settled out to. That would make me happy because it didn't feel half bad!

Matt and I did the track workout on Thursday. It went ok. It was beautiful out, but it was the first time in a long time that we have done intervals over 400m. The 1200's were hell. Especially the last one. I managed to keep them somewhere in the neighborhood of goal 5k pace (6:20, which translates to a 4:45 1200). So, I did, but it was hard. The 800's went a little better. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go much faster, but I did. The intervals were still a bit slower than when I had done the same distances at the end of May, granted those workouts were a bit easier and I wasn't the one setting the pace (I generally run faster with a group). So, I'm not sure where that leaves me for the 5k on the 26th.  

Made it to 11-miles on Saturday! It was beautiful out. I felt like I could have gone longer, but I was concerned about getting to work on time. Anyways, I think I'm going to try and creep my long run up over the next couple of weeks.

My back had been bothering me a little this week, hence the lack of core workouts. It's starting to feel better, so hopefully I can get back to that a bit next week. Also, I'd like to add a little bit of cross training back! It is a race week though, so maybe I'll wait to the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment