Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May Recap

I am having trouble with this whole lower mileage / cross training thing. I mean, I know cross training "counts", but it doesn't "count" to my weekly mileage total. I like numbers. It's screwing up my excel graphs. They look ugly. The axis keep adjusting. Microsoft is mocking me. Ok, I know that's stupid, but grrrrr.

I raced for the first time since Boston too to get a benchmark. It didn't go that great. My hamstring and back (actually, I think it's my piriformis) are really tight. My right leg burns after 2 or so miles. I've been debating taking time off completely from running, but that hasn't solved this problem in the past either.

I better see my times drop or I'm going to... I have no idea because it's not like running more miles got me anywhere!

Total: 179.5 miles [training log]

... on a more positive note, I've kept up with spinning and I like it. I think it helped on the bike ride in terms of actually remembering to switch gears. And, I rode my bike for real for the first time in over a year and didn't die (and I got to see my friend Nicole!). And, I've started doing more core work and even tried pilates. That killed, but hopefully I'll get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment