Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 2 of Un-marathon Training

Monday: 6-miles. I could walk up and down the stairs like a normal person, and Monday is essentially the only day I run with other people, so I decided to give it a go. Still not fixed. The first 3 miles were ok, but I could tell my legs were really tight, especially my right. The last 3 miles were not so ok, especially the mile long hill.

Tuesday: 5.5-miles elliptical.

Wednesday: 5.5-miles elliptical.

Thursday: 5.5-miles elliptical.

Friday: 5.5-miles elliptical. I tried one of the pre-programed workouts. I felt like I may have been working a little harder sometimes, and it at least made the time go by quicker.

Saturday: 2500yds swim (50-100-200-300-400-300-200-100-50yds with 100yd pull in between sets). The 400yd felt easier this week.

Sunday: 12-mile bile ride. 2500yd swim (6 sets of 200yd swim / 200yd pull, 100yd cooldown).

So I haven't really been on a bike since last year. The first bike ride or two back is always a little terrifying for me because I need to remember which side I un-clip on, etc. This ride was no exception. And I had little kids and dogs to worry about on the greenway. But, my bike shifts a lot better now that it has new cables, a new derailleur, and a full tune-up. The guy at the bike store looked really concerned when I brought it in and asked if I had ridden it lately. I hadn't, not off of the trainer at least, and my assessment that it was skipping a few gears was an understatement! Oh, and it has new awesome orange handlebar tape per the guy at the bike shops suggestion (aka he called me out on how awful the 5-year old white tape looked). 

1 comment:

  1. If you want to combine your elliptical workouts with being outside, you should check out the ElliptiGo rentals at Bull City Running Co. I would be happy to join you if you want to ElliptiGo out on the ATT some time!

    ReplyDelete