Friday, September 20, 2013

Time to start training

I have chalked most of this year up to a running wash. I really didn't pick out any races for the beginning of the year because I was trying to graduate, the whole getting married thing, etc. I jumped in things as they come along. Being that I wasn't training for them, and my back/hip/hamstring whatever-the-heck-is-wrong with my right leg wasn't not hurting, they didn't go that great (although I guess 8th woman in the Umstead Marathon isn't too shabby).

I intended to start training/racing for real in July (aka as soon as everything was over). That didn't so much happen. I've bonked on every semi-longish run I've tried to do. Any time I added miles to the week, I tweaked something. Needless to say, I've been in a training funk.

I also realized that this year might be the last time I can run the Boston Marathon for a while. I had a qualifying time, so I signed up.

This means I now have a goal. Complete the Boston Marathon and have fun. I've started to put together a bit of a training plan for the next couple of months. Or, at least I've picked out some races.


No comments:

Post a Comment