Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Race plans for 2013

Okie dokie.

I haven't run a 5k yet this year. I like to run at least one a year. Matt wants to PR. Selma Railroad Days 5k it is!

Raleigh Running Outfitters (the team I run for and store I work part-time at) sponsors City of Oaks. The race starts a few miles from my house, making it convenient. I know a ton of people running it. And, although not an un-challenging course, it's not bad and I know it. So, City of Oaks Half Marathon it is!

I would like to throw in a few other races between now and Christmas.  If they change the start time of the E3 XC women's race, that's a possibility (there's no way I'm making it to work by 10 if the race starts at 9:45). Or, there's the Hallowed 10k the next day (although I think that's the day after the Halloween Party, so that might not happen). The Monster Dash could happen though because it starts a lot later. I am not looking at anything in November, because I want to make sure I'm recovered from the half marathon and have to travel a lot around Thanksgiving. The Get Fit 5k/10k looks like it might start a little too late for getting to work on time (I would want to do the 10k). The Reindeer Dash for Cash 10-miler is a Sunday race (score!), but I'm not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving / Matt's birthday with the Cravers nor if I'm working this day. This leaves the Jolly Elf 5k or the Reindeer Romp 5k (and the Reindeer Romp looks like it starts too late).

10/5: Railroad Days 5k
10/26: E3 XC Race
10/27: Hallowed 10k / Monster Dash
11/3: City of Oaks Half Marathon
12/7: Get Fit 5k/10k
12/8: Reindeer Dash for Cash 10m
12/14: Jolly Elf 5k / Reindeer Romp 5k

(green = yes, yellow = maybe, red = probably not)

No comments:

Post a Comment